[mythtv-users] Help with mythweb please

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Dec 20 18:51:51 UTC 2006

Mercury Morris wrote:
> From another system, I tried to access http://192.168.1.13/mythweb and got
> the following error message:
>
>   The requested URL /mythweb.php/mythweb was not found on this server.
>
> Similarly, when I tried to access http://192.168.1.13/phpmyadmin, I got the
> error message
>
>   The requested URL /mythweb.php/phpmyadmin was not found on this server.
>
> Then, I removed the file, mythweb.conf, from /etc/httpd/conf.d, and phpmyadmin
> was accessible from the other system in the normal way.

This says that you never actually edited the mythweb.conf file to change
the directory.  By default, it assumes that mythweb is installed at
/var/www/html, which is the webserver's document root so any attempt to
access ANY URL on the server gets sent to /var/www/html/mythweb.php,
which of course doesn't exist on your system because you installed it at
/var/www/html/mythweb/mythweb.php.

PLEASE read the documentation (not to mention the email that I just sent
out), it's all covered there.

-Chris