[mythtv-users] Hardware Advice: Single board Mini Box for HD?

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Tue Dec 19 22:26:08 UTC 2006

I flat-out could not get 1280x720 (720p) to work in Linux on an Intel
motherboard with an integrated i915 video chipset (it did work in Windows;
the Linux video drivers were simply not well-supported by Intel)...wound
up pulling the board and swapping in a Gigabyte mobo with an AMD-64 CPU
and an AGP OEM NVidia 6200-based video card -> no more video problems.  I
will *never* use an Intel video chipset for a media box again.

$0.02 worth

Bob