[mythtv-users] (OT) Geforce 5200 PCI

Kelly navykel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 20:30:36 UTC 2006

Getting back to mythtv after some time off. Got my backend working
with a FX 5200 APG.

Bought a xPC Shuttle SN21G5 with an onboard Geforce 6100 video. When
watching HD with my pcHDTV 3000  still get the "NVP Prebuffering"
which goes away after anywhere from 10 - 30 seconds. The back in is
very solid so I went and got a GeForce 5200 PCI because the shuttle
has PCI-E.

After putting the card in, the systems completely locks up and hard
crashes when I go from live TV to menu. Also will no release the HD
card if I escape out. The status shows still recording Live TV on X_X
channel.

Q: Is there any special setup or configuration to use with a PCI
version of a 5200?

thanks,

Kel