[mythtv-users] pcHDTV-5500 Help with NTSC ... please

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Tue Dec 19 06:01:55 UTC 2006

OK, I think this damn thing is going to make me bald pretty soon.

I *cannot* get this card to find the NTSC channels in Myth.
I have gotten some help with getting the drivers configured correctly from
the forum at pcHDTV.com.

It will scan the digital (QAM-256) channels on the DVB side of the card,
but just sits there and does nothing when I tell it to scan in NTSC
channels on the v4L side.  When I attempt to scan on the analog side, I
see this error message in the originating terminal window:

Channel(0)::Open(): Can't open video device, error "No such file or
directory"

There are no permission problems. Both of the devices in /dev/v4l/ have
the current user ("mythtv" in this case) as the owner.

I have "open DVB on demand" set on.

I can watch the NTSC channels with tvtime.  They're ugly, but watchable.

So, I'm convinced that I have a configuration error SOMEWHERE in my Myth
setup, but damned if I can see where.

Could someone who has this working please give me a clue as to the proper
configuration in mythtv-setup (and, if necessary, the setup in
mythfrontend)? ... It'd definitely be appreciated.

Once I get by this problem, I simply need to relabel the QAM-256 channels
in the database, and I'm running.

Thanks
Bob