[mythtv-users] mythtv hard lockup

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 21:55:33 UTC 2006

On 12/18/06, Jesse Dhillon <tobor at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Does the computer ever lockup for anyone else? Every once in a while
> myth will cause my computer to freeze hard: all shells die, no input is
> processed, and the CPU fan kicks in suggesting that the usage is
> spiking. The only thing that will illicit a response is a ping.

My system does similar (FC5, Nvidia 9742 and previously 8776, ivtv
0.8.2 w/2 PVR-250s, latest mythtv from atrpms). It's been locking up
for a while. When my system locks up, the computer responds to network
commands (ping, can start a ssh session but never get a prompt), but
it seems that any disk IO gets stuck as I can't get a shell. Seems to
happen once a week or so.

-Dave