[mythtv-users] acpi wakeup mythbackend

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 20:05:39 UTC 2006

On 12/18/06, Markus Amann <mamann at web.de> wrote:

> Hi
>
> IŽd like to wakeup my Mythbackend with the ACPI solution.
> I followed the ACPI Wakeup at the Myth Wiki, but without success.
> My wakeup Command is "SetWakeuptimeCommand /usr/bin/mythsettime $time"
> The mythsettime script is the following:
> sudo echo $1 > /var/lib/mythtv/myth.time
> sudo echo $1 > /proc/acpi/alarm

I don't think sudo echo's work with redirection.  I think you have to set
your SetWakeuptimeCommand to sudo /usr/bin/mythsettime $time in order for it
to work, but I could be wrong.  You might also have to put \' or \" around
$time (i.e \'$time\') as at least in my case, the $time variable consists of
two words, so $1 will only get the first one.  Alternatively, you could use
'echo $@' in mythsettime which will print all of the arguments passed to
mythsettime.  Also, myth does log shutdown warnings every ten seconds for a
minute before a shutdown in /var/log/mythtv/.

which should write the wakeup time into the acpi alarm .
> my question is now, how can i test the script without the mythbackend
> because the $time variable is not know outside the mythbackend programm.

something like:

sudo /usr/bin/mythsettime '2006-12-18 15:05:00'

would test your script for 3:05 today, however this seems obvious, did you
mean something else?

--
Dylan

Type faster.  Use Dvorak: