[mythtv-users] ATI Video Drivers

Brad Goodman brad at bradgoodman.com
Fri Dec 15 21:33:31 UTC 2006

I am having an enormously difficult time getting the video drivers set up
correctly.

What I know is that I have fglrx, drm, radeon, agpgart and via-agp that all
need to play together.

On the same page on ATI's site, it implies that to get Direct Rendering to
work properly, you have to use the AGP support in fglrx, and disable that in
the kernel - yet at the same time, it tells you you need to have agpgart and
via-agp loaded- so I don't understand that.

It seems at though the order that I load these things up in has a huge
effect on what is detected, and what is installed before what.

Does anyone know the order in which these things are to be loaded? I am
trying to get direct rendering support in there. I am using Knoppmyth, and I
don't know the "prefered" method for setting up in there - if its through
/etc/modutils, or within the knoppix-autoconfig init.d script.

Any help would be appreciated!

-BKG