[mythtv-users] OT Hardware RAID 5 Recommendations

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 19:21:19 UTC 2006

> On 12/12/06, Paul Hamm <paulhamm at verizon.net> wrote:
> > Actually I like this one
> >
> > http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/4U/942/SC942i-R760.cfm
> >
> > You need to get the 5 sled drive caddies separately put you should be
> > able to install 3 caddies or 15 hard drives. You will loose space for an
> > internal DVD drive but thats a lot of hd capacity. Cost is about $550
> > for the case and $130 for each caddy. Not cheap but very much sever
> > class.

Here's the case I'm using... Love this case... was cheap, well vent'd
and holds the number of drives easily. Very clean layout inside as
well:

http://www.calpcsystems.com/catalog/8u-13bay.html
http://www.calpcsystems.com/catalog/13Bay22HDD.html

The (3) 4-in-3 adapters sit in the bottom, works exactly like I
envisioned in my head (which is always nice)