[mythtv-users] Have you switched from Tivo to MythTV?

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Dec 14 20:37:40 UTC 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 09:32:47PM +0000, Mike Dent wrote:
> Hi,
> have you moved from a Tivo system to MythTV? If so how are you finding it in
> comparison? More importantly how is your significant other finding it!?

	My mother-in-law had gotten used to the Tivo and is now confused (by
the MythTV). Everyone else likes it fine becuase it's got much more storage
than the old Tivo did. Plus, I use mine as a DVD jukebox.

	A season or two of her favorite show in MythVideo will make her come
around...

       Searches are more flexible in Myth and season passes have more and better
options. The ability to have an arbitrary number of recordings present for a rule
is very handy. Date based rules are nice too (Old Galactica vs. new Galactica).

       The whole frontend vs. backend thing is also quite nice since the frontend
can be shut down and the backend can be hidden.