[mythtv-users] HDTV on EPIA SP13000

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 14:29:17 UTC 2006

> As to having to use VESA - I don't think this will work for me and I
> hadn't heard that restriction earlier. As I use this machine for MythTV as a
> frontend (playback) I can't use VESA since I need XvMC for mpeg2 playback.

VESA is only used for setting the video mode.  After that, hardware
acceleration works as expected.  For example, on my VT1625-equipped EPIA, I
have to use the VESA BIOS to set the modes, because openchrome doesn't fully
support this chipset.  But I have full XvMC-accelerated playback working.

Brett.