[mythtv-users] Moving through "Watch Recordings" slow?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 23:20:29 UTC 2006

On 12/13/06, greg at nodecam.com <greg at nodecam.com> wrote:
> > they are on the same disk as the system. The delay is pretty consistent.
> > It's not related to the disk spining down, I'm sure of that.
>
> Are you doing preview thumbnails or a preview video?  I used to get this
> pause when the thumbnail generation was having troubles due to file
> permissions.
>
> It also drags if it hits a zero byte recording, which I get when IVTV/my
> PVR250 go nuts every now and then.

Greg,
does it perform poorly when moving through all recordings, or only when it hits
the bad one?
Mine is slow at all times.

Moving through most other menus in Myth seems quick, the other ones
which there is
a delay changing are the :-
Manage Recordings -> Program Finder
There is about a 1 second delay here moving up/down the alphabet, maybe that
is normal. Its not possible to old your finger on the up/down arrow to
scroll through them
without it getting confused and you end up going past the letter you
want to move to.

Mike