[mythtv-users] OT Hardware RAID 5 Recommendations

Paul Hamm paulhamm at verizon.net
Tue Dec 12 23:01:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 16:13 -0600, James Oltman wrote:
> Blammo,
>
> Just out of curiousity, what case are you storing your 12 drives in?
> I've been trying to find a good case for RAID and am not having any
> luck.  Thanks!

Actually I like this one

http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/4U/942/SC942i-R760.cfm

You need to get the 5 sled drive caddies separately put you should be
able to install 3 caddies or 15 hard drives. You will loose space for an
internal DVD drive but thats a lot of hd capacity. Cost is about $550
for the case and $130 for each caddy. Not cheap but very much sever
class.

If you think that is to much take a look at the AeroCool Spiral Galaxies
Full Tower case. Has 6x3.5 internal 5x5.25 external, and 2x3.5 external
Get one of the caddies for the Supermicro and shove it in this. I have
the case but not the caddy,yet.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1227/cas-293/AeroCool_Spiral_Galaxies_Case.html?id=G9NVsd8f

--
Paul Hamm