[mythtv-users] OT Hardware RAID 5 Recommendations

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 17:27:06 UTC 2006

All:

I've lost a few disks recently, including one on my MythTV box.  I'm
considering building a server that would hold MythTV files, photos,
music, as well as back-ups of important documents on other machines,
and so I've looked into going with hardware raid-5.  Does anyone have
any suggestions for cards?

I've looked at an  LSI LOGIC MEGARAID SATA 150-6 PCI SATA Controller
(http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16816118011), does
anyone have any input on this card?

FYI, with the hardware laying around the house, I'm limited to PCI cards only.

Thanks,

George