[mythtv-users] ANN - Release of MythTV Web Virtual Remote.

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 16:22:15 UTC 2006

On 12/11/06, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> The primary aim for this was to assist customers with disabilities or
> access issues that would prevent them from using a conventional remote
> control to use their MythTV units. We have worked very closely with a
> customer who has Cerebral Palsy to come up with a layout that was both
> simple and obvious.
> As part of OpenMedia's commitment to the Open Source community all of
> this development is being released back to the MythTV team under
> standard Open Source Licenses. The initial release is now available
> on-line, and you can find more details at
>      http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/?p=29
> I'd really like some assistance with the IE support, and some alternate
> layouts for devices like PDAs and mobile phones. I'd also be willing to
> see this become part of the standard MythWeb code base.
> Steve.

I like the idea - since you posted this I have been working up a
design that will work with IE and use CSS instead of tables.  Check

I haven't done anything with the wide layout yet, but it shouldn't be
too hard.  I got the IE part working (at least here with IE
6.0.2900.2180.xpsp.050329-1536) using the csshover.htc from
http://www.xs4all.nl/~peterned/csshover.html being loaded in the body
element within the CSS.