[mythtv-users] NFS woes

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 15:22:19 UTC 2006

> I don't use LVM or large partiions. I use smaller ones. When you say
> large directory... how may files are you talking about?

Looking at this again, there appears to be something more unusual going on,
here.  At first blush, directory size seemed related (for example, my
recordings directory has a few hundred files, and ls -l lists a size of
around 12k).  However, if I create a temp directory and artificially inflate
it's size by creating a largish (600) number of 1M files, I'm able to view
the directory on the remote machine just fine.

The question now is, do I care enough to investigate further? :)  At this
point, I think I'd rather play with getting NFS working (I have the mounts
set up, though for some reasn the frontend still insists on doing direct
streaming from the backend server).

Brett.