[mythtv-users] MythWeb Problem..."403/Forbidden"

Darren fender_bender at aandr.com.au
Tue Dec 12 10:17:22 UTC 2006

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 01:41 pm, Bob Sully wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> Please forgive me if this is a newb question.  I searched the archives for
> Nov./Dec. and didn't find anything relating to this problem.  From what it
> says in the README, this should "just work", but it isnt.
>
> Hardware is - Athlon-64/2.5GHz, 2G RAM, Gigabyte motherboard, 2x320GB SATA
> drives plus a 160GB IDE drive for music/videos and a USB2 external IDE HD
> for backup, OEM nVidia 6800 video card, low-end Audigy sound card,
> pcHDTV-5500 tuner card.  The monitor is a Samsung HDTV with VGA input,
> running at 1280x720 (720p HD resolution).
>
> The Linux distro is Mandriva 2006/x86-64, Apache 2.0.54 and PHP5.  I've
> installed the 64-bit MythTV version 0.20a RPMs from here:
>
> http://rpm.nyvalls.se.

I also use mandriva but my rpm's are from PLF

> I have MythTV working to the point where I can watch and record the
> digital streams, but I need to match up the raw streams with the channel
> guide.  I'm told that the easiest way to do this is with MythWeb.  I have
> tried to do it with the channel editor in mythtv-setup, but it's not very
> intuitive, and one channel I tried to remap "went away".  I'd also like to
> be able to access my Myth server from outside.

I probably shouldn't tell you this but you can edit the data in mythconverg
using webmin. The channels don't match the guide data because the "chanid"
don't match. To fix this problem you will already need guide data in
mythconverg. Start webmin go to servers go to mysql database server. Open the
program table, "viewdata" and make a note of the channel id's for each
television station. Open up the channel table and change the chanid field for
each channel you require. While doing this make sure the chanid's are unique
in the field at all times or else mysql will crack it.
Be careful in there you can make a mess of the installation.

cheers
Darren

> Now, the problem - and the reason for this e-mail:
>
> I have it installed, but I keep getting permission errors when I try to
> access the MythWeb directory ("403 - Forbidden").  I have set it up as
> described in the README file, but I still keep getting the error.  A test
> .php file in the Apache html root directory comes up fine, so it's not a
> PHP problem.  I haven't set up any passwords or authentication yet, since
> I'd like to just get it working first.
>

> In the Apache error log, it just gives me this:
>
> [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration: /var/www/mythweb

I gave up on mythweb.

--
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove
all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln