[mythtv-users] MythWeb Problem..."403/Forbidden"

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Tue Dec 12 03:11:02 UTC 2006

Hi all -

Please forgive me if this is a newb question.  I searched the archives for
Nov./Dec. and didn't find anything relating to this problem.  From what it
says in the README, this should "just work", but it isnt.

Hardware is - Athlon-64/2.5GHz, 2G RAM, Gigabyte motherboard, 2x320GB SATA
drives plus a 160GB IDE drive for music/videos and a USB2 external IDE HD
for backup, OEM nVidia 6800 video card, low-end Audigy sound card,
pcHDTV-5500 tuner card.  The monitor is a Samsung HDTV with VGA input,
running at 1280x720 (720p HD resolution).

The Linux distro is Mandriva 2006/x86-64, Apache 2.0.54 and PHP5.  I've
installed the 64-bit MythTV version 0.20a RPMs from here:

http://rpm.nyvalls.se.

I have MythTV working to the point where I can watch and record the
digital streams, but I need to match up the raw streams with the channel
guide.  I'm told that the easiest way to do this is with MythWeb.  I have
tried to do it with the channel editor in mythtv-setup, but it's not very
intuitive, and one channel I tried to remap "went away".  I'd also like to
be able to access my Myth server from outside.

Now, the problem - and the reason for this e-mail:

I have it installed, but I keep getting permission errors when I try to
access the MythWeb directory ("403 - Forbidden").  I have set it up as
described in the README file, but I still keep getting the error.  A test
.php file in the Apache html root directory comes up fine, so it's not a
PHP problem.  I haven't set up any passwords or authentication yet, since
I'd like to just get it working first.

In the Apache error log, it just gives me this:

[client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration: /var/www/mythweb

Thanks in advance for any help. - Bob