[mythtv-users] Questions about tuners, networking, and audio

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 00:03:08 UTC 2006

On 11/12/06, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:

> The onboard encoder is actually a desirable item.  It takes the pressure
> away from the CPU. :)  The 350 might not be supported, but it should
> work since it was only just recently said to be "unsupported".  If you
> have one already, give it a whirl.  However, I wouldn't go out and buy
> one off the shelf.. if you are going to do that, go for the newer 150 or
> 500.

It is the 350's high quality decoder that is no longer actively
supported in MythTV. The on-board encoder is still well-supported in
the ivtv driver.

I would also be sure to check the ivtv-users mailing list to keep
abreast of any current issues with the 150/500 cards, such as
unsupported tuners etc.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: