[mythtv-users] yum broken after update

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Dec 11 21:59:58 UTC 2006

I know this isn't about Myth per se, but it's happened to my Myth box
(Fedora Core 5) in the process of updating my ivtv kernel module, and it
may have happened to someone else.

After updating yum-plugin-kmdl to 0.4-5.fc5.at (which also updated
ivtv-kmdl), trying to update anything with yum gives me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 29, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 138, in main
    (result, resultmsgs) = base.buildTransaction()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 402, in
buildTransaction
    self.plugins.run('postresolve', rescode=rescode, restring=restring)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/plugins.py", line 164, in run
    func(conduitcls(self, self.base, conf, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/lib/yum-plugins/kmdl.py", line 97, in postresolve_hook
    kernels = kernels + old_kernels(conduit)
  File "/usr/lib/yum-plugins/kmdl.py", line 54, in old_kernels
    for package in conduit.getRpmDB().returnPackages():
AttributeError: RpmDBHolder instance has no attribute 'returnPackages'

I haven't been able to find anything about this from Google. I rebuilt my
RPM database and tried again but still no luck.