[mythtv-users] XVMC only for internal DVD playback.

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Mon Dec 11 19:41:20 UTC 2006

Hi everybody.  I switched to the internal DVD player with the 0.20 transition,
and I'm mostly happy.  I very much like the fact that the UI with my remote
is now identical to other playback, and the fact that I don't have to worry
any more about mythtv losing focus after xine exits.

I do find however that it requires a little more CPU power than I've got.
Some DVD's are a tiny bit choppy, especially when I use the remote. When I
was using Xine for playback, I solved CPU issues by using XvMC.  Can I set
myth to only use XvMC for the DVD player in the same way that it can by set
to only use XvMC for HD playback?

Mark