[mythtv-users] MythArchive - what's the best way to convert TiVo .ty files?

Daniel A. Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Mon Dec 11 01:51:59 UTC 2006

Suppose I had some files in the .ty format that had been downloaded from
a hacked series 1 TiVo, and I wanted to use MythArchive to put them on a
DVD. What could I use to convert them to a format that MythArchive (or
more properly the tools it uses) would recognize? I've seen references
to modified versions of ffmpeg, and I'm not afraid to go that route, but
I'm not sure if that's the best choice for me.