[mythtv-users] SMP Performance

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Dec 10 19:59:59 UTC 2006

On Dec 10, 2006, at 11:53 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> I'm also running 64bit but on FC5 and the nvidia 8776 binary
> drivers. Right now I'm watching an ABC HD program which I think is
> 720p and using 96% CPU. 1080i content uses over 100% since it's de-
> interlacing as well.

I take that back. I was running a transcode process on one core
(taking the whole core) and those were my numbers for playback. Now
the transcode process stopped freeing up my second core and now I'm
seeing Xorg taking between 90-98% of one core and mythfrontend taking
60-63%. This seems especially excessive. I'm having a hard time
upgrading with ATrpms right now but if I ever figure that out I'll
try upgrading my nvidia driver and see if it helps.