[mythtv-users] HDTV test & questions

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 22:55:21 UTC 2006

On 12/9/06, Ivan Kowalenko <ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2006, at 15.30, Mitchell Gore wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> [snip]
>
> > Before I buy a capture card I would like to test the quality of
> > a .ts over the downloaded TV shows on my projector.
> >
> > Would someone be so kind to catpure aprox. 10mins of a show.
> > Preferably a drama show so i can do a direct comparison.  Maybe
> > desperate housewives.  I know that is always uploaded.  If you
> > could/would please contact me and ill give you a username and
> > password of my ftp server, being it will be a 100mb file or so.
>
> Check out Elephant's Dream (http://orange.blender.org/). It's about
> five minutes long or so, and is 100% legal to distribute. Plus, you
> can choose the resolution you want (720p, 1080i or 1080p I think).

I don't have the HDHomeRun, but after my experience with PCI HDTV
cards I've been seriously looking at selling the three I have and
buying two HDHomeRuns. If you only plan to ever have one tuner the PCI
cards aren't bad, but at 3 I get the sense that its too much for the
motherboard to handle properly. Plus it leaves more room for another
PVR card =D

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!