[mythtv-users] mythlcdserver frontend getting info from backend

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Dec 9 17:07:30 UTC 2006

john sturgeon wrote:
> I'm curious how mythlcdserver works in the case where I have a
> separate frontend and backend (LCD display is on the frontend).
>
> Does the backend send information to the daemon on the frontend to
> display?
>
> --
> John Sturgeon <><

Its the frontend that communicates with mythlcdserver telling it what to
display. The exception is when something happens to change the list of
recordings like a recording starting or stopping in which case
mythlcdserver receives a RECORDING_LIST_CHANGE message from the backend
and the display changes appropriately.

Paul H.