[mythtv-users] acpi / Fedora 5 / MythTv .20

Scott Bickford bic1ster at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 15:11:45 UTC 2006

I am having a strange problem with setting the alarm on a Biostar M7NCD
(nForce 2 / Award bios) on Fedora 5 (MythDora distribution).

I can echo a date out to /proc/acpi/alarm ok.  I can then cat and it looks
fine.

However, when the system shuts down it doesn't wake up.  When I start it
manually, I see the date is "2006-00-00 09:58:00".  I thought the problem
was related to the Fedora 6 issue on
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/ACPI_Wakeup during halt to reset the
clock.  So I put that in the halt script:

==>  ACPITIME=`cat /proc/acpi/alarm`

     [ -x /sbin/hwclock ] && action $"Syncing hardware clock to system
time" /sbin/hwclock $CLOCKFLAGS

==>  echo "$ACPITIME" > /proc/acpi/alarm

I added a cat /proc/acpi/alarm > /home/mythtv/alarm to verify it reset it
ok.  It does show that:

Syncing hardware clock to system time                      [  OK  ]
2006-12-09 09:58:00

But after booting manually, it shows date as 2006-00-00 09:58:00.  Any ideas
what I could try?