[mythtv-users] geforce 5200 freezes

jtbutler78 at comcast.net jtbutler78 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 8 23:03:29 UTC 2006

I am trying to setup my myth box with an nvidia geforce 5200 agp card.  when after i install and restart X my system is fine for about a minute then it freezes.  I cannot exit to command line but my mouse still works so I need to reboot and change the driver.

I run this (with no errors):
echo "export KVER=\`uname -r\`" >> /etc/profile.d/kver.sh  - then i reboot
yum -y install nvidia-graphics8776-kmdl-$KVER
yum -y install nvidia-graphics8776-libs nvidia-graphics8776

When its done my xorg.conf file looks like this:
# Xorg configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"