[mythtv-users] IVTV 0.8.1 and PVR 500 with new Samsung, tuners

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 21:15:29 UTC 2006

> Is it possible to put the splitter before the amp?
My mythtv system and my cable modem are in the same room directly two
flights above the cable service where the amp is.

> Did you put in the amp, or did your cable provider?
I put the amp in. Its a PDI 4 way cable modem splitter with a +7db
gain on all ports and the reverse signal bypass.

> If you did it, I
> recommend calling your provider and asking them fix your signal level
> problem.  They should be providing a signal level capable of serving
> your modem.  When I picked up internet service from Comcast, they found
> that my signal level was too weak.  The tech traced the problem back to
> the wire outside the house where the squirrels had chewed off the
> insulation.

The real problem here is because I bought my own modem my cable
company (Adelphia) was not providing any real help. Now they are
Comcast so maybe it may be better.

John