[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: X-Gaming Joystick for MythGame

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 16:23:35 UTC 2006

> Thanks for the info.  Do I need to load some kernel module or...
> (shudder)... recompile the kernel for support?

No special modules or recompile needed, it acts as a PS/2 keyboard.  If
you press the buttons while not in xmame, it will send actual keyboard
presses (i.e. space bar, shift, CTRL, etc.).  You connect your regular
keyboard into a PS/2 port on the joystick itself, and connect the joystick
to the PS/2 keyboard port on your computer, via a DB-9 (don't remember if
it's standard serial or NULL modem) and their DB-9 to PS/2 adaptor.

This is for the model without the embedded trackball, I don't know about
the newer one with the trackball.

For those people who wish to use a USB connection, there is a USB adaptor
for it also, but I haven't used it, so I can't say how it works.

-- Joe