[mythtv-users] Unpredictable Rewind/Fast Forwarding with the internal player

Jesse Dhillon tobor at berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 7 11:41:51 UTC 2006

Quick question: I use the internal player because I like how it is
integrated with the rest of Myth. However, I find that rewinding and
fast forwarding is unpredictable: the audio it attempts to play at an
increased rate is never accurate (sometimes it just continues playing
the sound from where you left off, at the same rate). At other times it
will forward or rewind for T seconds, but when I tell it to resume it
doesn't start playing at current+T, it will start playing back at
current. In other words, it's like I didn't event forward or rewind!

Does this happen to anyone? I know Myth is at version 0.20, and a video
player is a pretty hard thing to get right, so I would expect things to
get better as Myth progresses.

Jesse.