[mythtv-users] DISH Network HD capture?

Jon Hamkins hamkins at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Dec 7 06:19:14 UTC 2006

Earlier messages on this mailing list indicate that there is not
currently a way to capture HDTV content from the output of a DISH
Network receiver (ViP211) with MythTV.  Is that correct?  The pcHDTV
cards, for example, want an ATSC (RF unencrypted HDTV) signal.  I don't
understand why this limitation exists, since the ViP211 has a HDMI
audio/video output that connects directly to my HDTV.  This is an
unencrypted, high-definition digital audio and visual signal, is it not?
  Are there any HD capture cards that take this as an input?

      ----Jon