[mythtv-users] MythArchive always fails durning mythtranscode

Go Hskrs gohskrs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 04:03:23 UTC 2006

On 10/14/06, Stephen Atkins <satkins at inetdesign.org> wrote:

> Stephen Atkins wrote:
> > I didn't receive any hints as to what might be going wrong when I posted
> > a week ago so I'll ask again.  Mytharchive is always failing when its
> > using mythtranscode to remove the cut list from the recording.  But when
> > I run it manually it works just fine.  I'm including the output from the
> > log file below in hopes someone can point me in the right direction.
> >

> I should have also included a bit of the mythburn.log file.  Here is the
> exact error its getting:

 [snip]

I found this thread via gossamer-threads, and I'm having the exact same
problem with mytharchive.  I can also reproduce the error by running the
mythtranscode command directly at the command line:

[gwr at localhost logs]$ mythtranscode --mpeg2 -c 1105 -s 2006-10-09T10:28:00
-o /videos/mytharchive/work/1/newfile2.mpg
2006-12-06 22:07:02.606 Using runtime prefix = /usr
2006-12-06 22:07:04.262 New DB connection, total: 1
2006-12-06 22:07:04.629 Enabled verbose msgs: important
2006-12-06 22:07:04.809 New DB connection, total: 2
Mux rate: 6.49 Mbit/s
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 27674, errno = 32

But the oddest thing is that the mythtranscode command actually succeeds!
newfile2.mpg can be successfully processed by mythreplex (the next step in
mythburn.pl).  However, due to the error code, mythburn.pl skips
newfile2.mpg and uses the original recorded file -- and it's a crapshoot
whether the resulting stream.mv2 file will be usable or not (I'm running at
about a 60% success rate right now).

This error doesn't happen in normal transcoding operations (processing
cutlists, transcoding down to lower quality) -- just when mythtranscode is
invoked by mythburn.py.  errno=32 is a "Broken pipe"

System details:
o Fedora Core 5
o /videos is on an ext3 filesystem
o Open files during mythtranscode execution (output of `ls -l
/proc/28808/fd`):
lrwx------ 1 gwr gwr 64 Dec  6 22:56 0 -> /dev/pts/3
lrwx------ 1 gwr gwr 64 Dec  6 22:56 1 -> /dev/pts/3
lrwx------ 1 gwr gwr 64 Dec  6 22:56 2 -> /dev/pts/3
lrwx------ 1 gwr gwr 64 Dec  6 22:55 3 -> socket:[548688]
lr-x------ 1 gwr gwr 64 Dec  6 22:55 4 -> pipe:[548700]
l-wx------ 1 gwr gwr 64 Dec  6 22:55 5 -> pipe:[548700]
lrwx------ 1 gwr gwr 64 Dec  6 22:55 6 -> socket:[548754]
lrwx------ 1 gwr gwr 64 Dec  6 22:55 7 -> socket:[548785]
l-wx------ 1 gwr gwr 64 Dec  6 22:56 8 ->
/videos/mytharchive/work/4/newfile.mpg
lr-x------ 1 gwr gwr 64 Dec  6 22:56 9 -> /videos/1105_20061025132900.mpg

and a bit later on, it looks like fd 9 changes to:

lr-x------ 1 gwr gwr 64 Dec  6 22:58 9 ->
/expendable/videos/mytharchive/work/4/newfile.mpg

Any thoughts?

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + Quaerite Prime Regnum Dei + + + + + +