[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2?

devsk funtoos at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 01:00:32 UTC 2006

there are two varieties. one with PVR (has a mpeg2 encoder in it) and I think that's the one you are talking about, works with mythtv. I am using it with fair bit of success with latest pvrusb2 driver, ivtv-0.7.1 and 2.6.17 gentoo sources kernel.

One problem is that sometimes channel switching in livetv leads to a slight corruption/tearing of picture but 'esc' followed by 'enter' fixes it quick. Another problem that I noticed is on channel 12, I get cracked sound and I haven't found a fix for this so far. All other channels have very good sound. The current driver doesn't support FM. if FM excites you much, you might be disappointed.

A plus is that the sys interface of the pvrusb2 driver is awesome.

feel free to ask any questions about this device, I have been using it for few weeks now.

-devsk