[mythtv-users] mysql on debian

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Dec 7 00:08:36 UTC 2006

On 6-Dec-06, at 6:59 PM, Scott Martin wrote:

> mikepolniak wrote:
>> line to /etc/mysql/my.cnf in order to connect to mysql-server:
>> old_passwords     = 1
> Thank you, I tried that but no go. Also i am on mysql 5
> I appreciate you getting back to me,

If the mythtv user was created before the old_passwords line was
added, and it sounds like it was, then the password will still be in
the "new" format. You can switch it to the old format like this:

mysql -u root mysql

update user
set password = old_password('mythtv')
where user = 'mythtv';

flush privileges;

quit;

The flush is to get the mysql daemon to notice the password change
otherwise you'd need a reboot or daemon restart.

- George