[mythtv-users] Find weekly - is it any good?

Mark Hetherington mark at hethos.org
Wed Dec 6 20:43:06 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 23:16, Ben Edwards wrote:
> I have been avoiding using 'find weekly' due to the number of times
> episodes get repeated here in the UK on freeview even of new stuff (I
> think each new episode of lost got shown at least 4 times).  This
> means that if you just go on show name it would be likely that the
> same episode got recorded twice one week and you missed an episode the
> next week.
>
> So my question is, are people using 'find weekly', how well does it
> work and how intelligent is it (i.e. does it use episode names,
> descriptions etc to try to stop the above happening)?
>
> Ben

Seems to work fine for me. Does just what it says, finds an airing of the show
each week. Don't know how smart it is about re-runs though. I also notice
that it sometimes records a show later in the week, even when there are no
conflicts with an earlier showing. It records the earlier showing if I try to
record something conflicting with the later one though.....

Mark