[mythtv-users] SA250hd sync failed on some channels

Chad Delatte gremlin190 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 06:52:35 UTC 2006

I am having problems getting recordings off some HD
channels.  Some channels cause the firewire tester to
display P2P: Testing.......(sync failed).  I then try
to run the -B command and get the same errors.  I
tried a capture on WindowsXp and the error message is
correct.  The picture tries to come in, but it's all
boxy and the sound skips.  I followed the instructions
on the avsforum on how to do a capture on Xp.

My box mfg date is 06/2006 and I am running Sarah
1.57.7.1.  Both the channels that work and don't work
say CCI: Free EMI: Free.  I'm told that is the
equivilant of rc5 protection.  This is for a local
cable provider in my area.
TIA
Chad