[mythtv-users] DirecTV issue

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 5 05:09:29 UTC 2006

On 12/04/2006 11:49 PM, Jon Bishop wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 11/27/2006 12:47 AM, Jon Bishop wrote:
>>
>>> What ended up working for me was updating the channel list on zap2it
>>> AND truncating my program table, then removing the card from seteup
>>> and re-adding the card, source, and input. This removed all the old
>>> entries, and updated the new ones.
>>>
>> That's why this should be fixed using the "Delete All" button for
>> video
>> sources followed by deleting the broken capture card (when required).
>> The "Delete All" button clears all the appropriate data.  It's the
>> /only/ button that will do so.
>>

> It *should* but I did that first. Removed the card and all the video
> sources, and started anew. No good. Then I cleaned up the zap2it and
> removed the video sources and capture card, truncated the table, and
> started from scratch if you will. Now it works flawlessly again. And,
> yea, sorry bout all the top posting, it's a bad habit.

Well, then something else you did fixed your system because the "Delete
all video sources" button in Video Sources causes mythtv-setup to
truncate channel, program, videosource, credits, programrating,
programgenres, dtv_multiplex, and cardinput.  The "Delete all capture
cards" button in Capture Cards (but not the "Delete all capture cards on
<hostname>" button) causes mythtv-setup to truncate capturecard and
cardinput.  So, there's nothing you cleaned up that using "Delete All"
didn't.

Of course, doing this while mythbackend is running--by explicitly
ignoring the "WARNING: MythTV has detected that the backend is running.
Changing existing card inputs, deleting anything, or scanning for
channels may not work." prompt upon starting mythtv-setup would prevent
this from working (as explained by the warning itself).

Mike