[mythtv-users] PVR 350 TV Out and High CPU Consumption

Rajeev Goonewardene fedora at ready2think.com
Mon Dec 4 22:56:05 UTC 2006

There have been a few posts in the past about mythfrontend taking up
a lot of CPU when playing back through the PVR 350's TV Out. I had
this problem until recently when I came across a recent thread
containing a patch for the driver (from Hans Verkuil) which solved
the problem.  Now mythfrontend is back to taking around 1% or 2% of
the CPU during playback.  If anyone else has this problem - please
refer to

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/33225

The patch is ivtv-queue.c.diff - there is a link on the page.  I
downloaded the tarball of the 0.8.1 driver and compiled it after
applying the patch - then installed it and everything worked great.
Just make sure that the you put the ivtv-fb.ko and ivtv.ko in the
correct modules directory - for me it was:

/lib/modules/<KERNEL_VERSION>/updates/drivers/media/video/

However the installer  put them in

/lib/modules/<KERNEL_VERSION>/kernel/drivers/media/video/ivtv/
Which didn't work.

Rajeev.