[mythtv-users] Mytharchive problem recording movie to DVD

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 18:34:26 UTC 2006

I've just tried to create a couple of DVDs using
Mytharchive. Using the
menus and after trying three DVD players, I'm yet to
find one that seems
to work properly. I'll put the specifics in another
message later when
I've noted everything down, but for now my problem is
with a movie I
recorded from TV and am trying to archive to DVD
without any menu.

Before making the DVD, I went through and removed all
commercials, then
let Mythtranscode remove them using the lossless mpeg
2 feature
(original recording was from DVB-T).

In the past, I tried making a DVD the same way you're
trying (never tried lossless though) and I ended up
with video/audio sync issues. The way that I've found
to work is not to transcode the show before putting it
on a DVD. What I do is load the cutlist with a user
job so I can strip the commercials. From there, I
select the recording which is the .nuv file. From
there, I go to Create DVD and I use LP otherwise I get
bit rate failures. I select the show and use the
cutlist to strip the commercials and then let myth do
it's thing to create the DVD.