[mythtv-users] ac3 works great , wav mp3 sound does not, Please help.

Gregg 3gemail at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 16:57:33 UTC 2006

>Try using
>pcm.!default {
>   type plug
> slave.pcm "dmix-digital"
>}
>The digital-hw device does not handle non-48kHz audio or multiple
>concurrent audio streams, whereas the dmix-digital device uses the
>dmix plugin to rate convert and mix multiple streams.
>Nick
>--

I just tried it, no dice. I also tried a default .asoundrc file, and
that did not work either.  I deleted alsa and reinstalled it and still
nothing,  Pulled the sound card and put it back....nothing.  I don't
understand why it worked a week ago and not now.  Is it possible the
sound card went bad and will only pass ac3 out?

-Gregg