[mythtv-users] Internal DVD Player Problems

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 16:07:28 UTC 2006

On 12/3/06, Greg Grotsky <spikeygg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/3/06, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> > Are you using XvMC for playback? There are a couple of issues with
> > INTERNAL and XvMC.
> >
> > Steve
>
> No, I'm not using XvMC. I'm using XV for all playback.
>
> -Greg

I have also noticed a few issues with MythDVD.  I have similar
problems with fast-forward/rewind:  if I try to go too fast, it will
either go back to the beginning, or freeze up for a few secs then exit
to menu.  I can't FFW more than 3X speed.  I always assumed this was
because some drives are locked into a certain "speed" when playing a
movie, but honestly I thought I had fixed this when I last flashed the
drive's firmware in trying to get modern blank media support.

Also, none of the dvd menu "highlight" graphics ever line up with what
they are highlighting.  Usually it looks sorta OK but sometimes it's
WAY off.  I thought this was because of overscan, but now I'm using a
new hdtv with 1:1 mapping, i.e. no overscan or displacement.  Does
anyone else see this?