[mythtv-users] using a second BE to wakeup the main BE?

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 15:11:06 UTC 2006

On 12/4/06, Yann Lehmann <aristide at tiscali.ch> wrote:
> come se fosse antani wrote:
>

> > thank you for the help.
> > I think I need some time to (understand it and) adapt your scripts for me.
> > In between, I found also this page
> > http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=WakeonLANConcierge
> > where there is a "sleeping master" and a "concierge" (a 24x7 box) that
> > wake up the Master.
> > The Concierge knows when invoke wake on lan with a script, "uploaded"
> > from the Master.
> >

> This approach looks interesting.

I've done it, with "cron", "at" and a file shared via nfs where mythtv
writes the wakeup time before power off. Actually works.

> Now I have a question:
>
> What are the minimal hardware specs for a master backend (no TV-card, no
> storage), which would store the database and "wake" slave backend(s) when
> needed ?

I'm not sure, but AFAIK a master backend must have tvtuner.
In my environment, the 24/7 box has nothing to do with mythtv (no myth
packages): I use it only to set "wakeonlan" for the mythbox at the
specified time written in the file created by the mythbox.