[mythtv-users] acpi and Wakeup feature: it's possible?

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 18:36:10 UTC 2006

On 12/3/06, Guillaume Membré <guillaume.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> mythtv has a built in support for this : have a look at
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.5
> It is all explained :)
>
> With a setup like this, me box wakes up automatically 2 min before a
> recording and shutdown when transcode is finished.
> Moreover, with mythwelcome, you can specify some   fixed wakeup time
> every day to do the guide grab.
>
> Hope this helps you out
> Guillaume
thank you.
I found a solution for my issue: mythtv is configured to set before
shutdown he date and time for wakeup in a file, stored in nfs
partition on a 24x7 box.
with a cron script, the 24x7 box check this file and queue the
wakeonlan command for 'at'. at the specified time and date the 24x7
send magic packet and wakes the mythbox up.

Now I would to check mythwelcome: perhaps I can do it better!