[mythtv-users] German umlauts are not displayed correctly

Christian Güdel me at blaue0.net
Sun Dec 3 18:09:31 UTC 2006

Hi Alex,

thanks for the advice. I don't know what did the trick but I think it's
the use of the right converting function in my grabber.

For the records:
 - I changed all UTF8 entries in /etc/mysql/my.cnf to latin1
 - I changed the grabber to insert UTF8 data 
 - I added a mb_convert_encoding call (yes, my grabber is PHP ;-))

If anyone is interested in more specific details, feel free to contact
me off-list.

// Christian

On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 12:19 +1100, Alexander Hixon wrote:
> Christian,
> You'll need to escape all non-Latin characters in the XML file before
> getting it imported via mythfilldatabase. eg ü becomes ü
> A good reference for the escape codes are available from the W3C at
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_13.html, or try
> http://www.notestips.com/80256B3A007F2692/1/NAMO5FTHEJ (includes human
> readable escape codes such as ö for ö).
> Regards,
> Alex

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list