[mythtv-users] German umlauts are not displayed correctly

Christian Güdel me at blaue0.net
Sun Dec 3 18:09:31 UTC 2006

Hi Alex,

thanks for the advice. I don't know what did the trick but I think it's
the use of the right converting function in my grabber.

For the records:
 - I changed all UTF8 entries in /etc/mysql/my.cnf to latin1
 - I changed the grabber to insert UTF8 data
 - I added a mb_convert_encoding call (yes, my grabber is PHP ;-))

If anyone is interested in more specific details, feel free to contact
me off-list.

// Christian