[mythtv-users] German umlauts are not displayed correctly

Alexander Hixon who.am.i at aquabeta.net
Sat Dec 2 01:19:35 UTC 2006

Christian,

You'll need to escape all non-Latin characters in the XML file before
getting it imported via mythfilldatabase. eg ü becomes ü

A good reference for the escape codes are available from the W3C at
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_13.html, or try
http://www.notestips.com/80256B3A007F2692/1/NAMO5FTHEJ (includes human
readable escape codes such as ö for ö).

Regards,