[mythtv-users] nuvexport - importing .nuv and .sql files

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Dec 2 20:37:15 UTC 2006

On 2-Dec-06, at 8:17 AM, Chuck Peters wrote:

> Before I upgraded mythtv I exported a number (.nuv, .sql and .txt
> files) of programs with nuvexport and I would like to import them.
> How do I do that?

Normally you'd just copy the video files into your tv folder and run
the sql but since you've upgraded myth the structure of the database
has probably changed. I think in .20 the location of the keyframe
indexes changed so that old sql would be putting data the wrong place.

Best option is to copy the video files to your tv folder, no changes
there, but only execute the first insert in each sql file. That's the
one that goes into the recorded table which I don't think changed.
You could try exporting an existing recording and comparing those
first inserts to verify.

To get your seektables back run the mythcommflag program with --
rebuild and --file options.

- George