[mythtv-users] LIRC/Remote Troubleshooting

Robert Creager Robert_Creager at LogicalChaos.org
Sat Dec 2 17:05:50 UTC 2006

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Trey Thompson wrote:
>
>> Do you have a .lircrc fil in your home directory as your
>> mythfrontend user?
>
> more importantly, is it symlinked to the ~/.mythtv/lircrc file of the
> user your frontend runs as?

robert at mystic:~$ ls -l ~/.lircrc /home/robert/.mythtv/lircrc
-rw-r--r-- 1 robert users 7079 2006-11-27 21:36 /home/robert/.lircrc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 robert users   10 2006-11-27 18:19
/home/robert/.mythtv/lircrc -> ../.lircrc

I'm using a iMon remote, and when I change the prog from mythtv to
irxevent, stuff works fine:

begin
     prog = mythtv
     button = Esc
     config = Esc
end

#begin
#    prog = irxevent
#    button = Esc
#    config = Key Escape CurrentWindow
#end

mythfrontend is not opening a socket to the lircd daemon.  The question
is, how is that supposed to happen.  Is there a configuration someplace
that's not set correctly?  I had mythtv up and running before I had
support for lirc, then I re-compiled mythtv with the enable-lirc.

Library API version: 0.20.20060828-3
Source code version: exported
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts
using_ivtv using_dbox2 using_hdhr using_ip_rec using_freebox using_live
using_lirc using_joystick_menu using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr
using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend
using_backend