[mythtv-users] How to erase DVD-RW in mythtv ?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 15:54:59 UTC 2006

On 12/2/06, Cory Papenfuss <papenfuss at me.vt.edu> wrote:

> >> There is already a solution to do it ?
> >
> > Sine the only way to write a DVD is in MythArchive, look in there - you
> > will find a checkbox to erase a -rw or +rw disk before writing.
> >
>         I've got some extra-crappy DVD-RW that always need a --blank=full
> in order to get erased.  The mythtranscode version doesn't seem to do
> that, so I've so far had to do it by hand.

You could edit the /usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py file to
add that support if needed.

Here is the section you need to modify:

def BurnDVDISO():
    write( "Burning ISO image to %s" % dvddrivepath)
    checkCancelFlag()

    if mediatype == DVD_RW and erasedvdrw == True:
        command = path_growisofs[0] + " -use-the-force-luke -Z " +
dvddrivepath + \
                  " -dvd-video -V 'MythTV BurnDVD' " + os.path.join
(getTempPath(),'dvd')
    else:
        command = path_growisofs[0] + " -Z " + dvddrivepath + \
                  " -dvd-video -V 'MythTV BurnDVD' " + os.path.join
(getTempPath(),'dvd')

John