[mythtv-users] A mythtv announcement list for things like the zap2it problem?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Sat Dec 2 06:40:33 UTC 2006

Like many of you here, I was burned twice by the zap2it problem.
I don't read this list every day so I didn't see notes before I
ended up losing recordings I wanted, like tonights HDTV polar
express.

I think it would be useful to have a special email list or
RSS feed for somewhat urgent mythtv announcements where
something bad is going to happen, and you might be able
to do something to fix it.   Ideally with just one or
two messages a year -- for things like this.   A secondary
list could also exist for program-specific things, such as
a program that's moved on the very same day so you won't pick
it up with a daily mythfilldatabase.  (Though another option
here would be a mailing list or other message that doesn't
bother me with the info, just triggers a special run of
mythfilldatabase.)