[mythtv-users] ac3 works great , wav mp3 sound does not, Please help.

Gregg 3gemail at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 23:10:47 UTC 2006

I have a SBLive 5.1 the AC3 and DTS work great!  I am running myth .20. For
some reason mp3 and wav do not work. I tried /usr/bin/aplay
/usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup.wav, but no dice. It is connected to my amp
via spdif.  It worked until I messed with lm_sensors.  I reverted the
modprobe.conf  back to before lm_sensors, but it still does not work.  I am
using jarods .asoundrc file which worked great until I decided to tinker :(

Any pointers are appriciated. Below is the output from aplay if that helps.

[mythtv at mythtv ~]$ /usr/bin/aplay -v  /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup.wav
Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little
Endian, Rate 22050 Hz, Mono
Plug PCM: Hardware PCM card 0 'SBLive! Value [CT4780]' device 0 subdevice 0
Its setup is:
  stream       : PLAYBACK
  access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
  format       : S16_LE