[mythtv-users] An option for watching tv

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 08:02:55 UTC 2006

> I know I can have as many cards as my PCI slots allow and as many as my USB
> ports. That's possibly thousands of them. Is that sane? In your world it is.
> In my world it is not.

Thousands, 1, it's all the same right?  It seems the only answer you
will accept is "Hey, I'm coding that right now" because all other
possible answers appear to have been suggested, and your thankless
reply of "Shut Up" is pure genious.  Marvin made some points and
examples, but apparently he didn't say the magic words "I'm coding it"
so he's wrong.

So here's my suggestion (as well as others), and it's completely free,
won't take up any PCI slots, or require any IDE/SATA controller slots:
Use a different program for LiveTV.

What's that, other programs don't work with your USB tuner?  Oh, I
see, that's also a MythTV issue; let's code up something that already
exists just for this extremely rare situation.....

-Chad